Google Operations (formerly Stackdriver) is a monitoring service that provides IT teams with performance data about applications and virtual machines running on the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services public cloud.
With Stackdriver’s Integration, Zenduty sends new Stackdriver alerts to the right team and notifies them based on on-call schedules via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls(Voice), Slack, Microsoft Teams and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed. Zenduty provides your NOC, SRE and application engineers with detailed context around the Stackdriver alert along with playbooks and a complete incident command framework to triage, remediate and resolve incidents with speed.
Whenever Stackdriver triggers an alert based on a predefined condition, Zenduty will create an incident. When that condition goes back to normal levels, Zenduty will auto-resolve the incident.
You can also use Alert Rules to custom route specific Stackdriver alerts to specific users, teams or escalation policies, write suppression rules, auto add notes, responders and incident tasks.
To add a new Google Stackdriver integration, go to “Teams” on Zenduty and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
Next, go to “Services” and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the relevant Service.
Go to “Integrations” and then “Add New Integration”. Give it a name and select the application “Google Stackdriver” from the dropdown menu.
Go to “Configure” under your integrations and copy the webhooks URL generated.
- In the Cloud Console, select Monitoring.
- In the Monitoring Navigation pane, click on Alerting.
- Click Edit notification channels.
- The Notification channels dashboard contains a section for each notification channel type. Add a new Webhook notification channel. (Click on ADD NEW button next to Webhook)
- Use the URL copied in Step 4.
Give a suitable name to the webhook and click on TEST CONNECTION. If the test succeeds, click on SAVE. (The save button is not activated until a successful test)
You have now created an alerting channel which can be used with any new or existing alert policy.
##Using Notification Channels:
- While creating a new alert policy, click on ADD NOTIFICATION CHANNEL
- Select “Webhook with Token Authentication” as the Notification Channel type
- Select the name of the created notification channel from the dropdown box and then click ADD.
Under the list of all policies in the Alerting tab, select the policy to which the notification channel is to be added.
Click EDIT in the top pane
- Scroll down to Notifications. Click on ADD NOTIFICATION CHANNELS.
- Select Webhook with Token Authentication as the Notification Channel Type
Select the name of the created notification channel from the dropdown box and then click ADD.
Your Stackdriver integration is completed.
References: 1) https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/support/notification-options 2) https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/alerts/using-alerting-ui
Looking for a way to get real-time alerts from Google Cloud Platform - Operations Integration, setup a solid incident escalation and incident response pipeline and minimize response and resolution times for Google Cloud Platform - Operations Integration incidents?