ServiceNow is a Platform-as-a-service provider, providing technical management support, such as IT service management, to the IT operations of large corporations, including providing help desk functionality.
With ServiceNow’s Integration, Zenduty sends new ServiceNow Incident alerts to the right team and notifies them based on on-call schedules via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls(Voice), Slack, Microsoft Teams and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed. Zenduty provides your NOC, SRE and application engineers with detailed context around the ServiceNow Incident alert along with playbooks and a complete incident command framework to triage, remediate and resolve incidents with speed.
When a ServiceNow Incident is created, Zenduty can be alerted, which inturn create a Incident In Zenduty. Any future alerts sent by the ServiceNow Incident can be handled by the predefined Incident mapped provided by the user on initial integration.
Zenduty can also create Incidents in ServiceNow when a new Incident is created on Zenduty. The ServiceNow Incident would then be in sync with Zenduty’s Incident with proper mapping, allowing for a 2-way integration beween Zenduty and Zendesk.
You can also use Alert Rules to custom route specific ServiceNow alerts to specific users, teams or escalation policies, write suppression rules, auto add notes, responders and incident tasks.
- A ServiceNow user that has ITIL role or permissions similar to ITIL role.
- A seperate User for Zenduty is recommended as the Caller for the incident generated in ServiceNow will be taken as the User.
To create a User follow this : ServiceNow User Creation
To give that User a ITIL role follow this : ServiceNow Role Assignment
To add a new ServiceNow integration, go to “Teams” on Zenduty and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
Next, go to “Services” and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the relevant Service.
Go to “Outgoing Integrations” and then “Add New Outgoing Integration”. Give it a name and select the application “ServiceNow(Two-Way)” from the dropdown menu.
Go to “Configure” under your Outgoing Integrations.
There are Several fields to be added here, Starting off with the “ServiceNow Username” and “ServiceNow Password”. These are the Username/Password for the Zenduty user that was created for integration(Recommended) or Any user that has the ITIL Role permissions or greater.
Then insert the ServiceNow domain, which is obtained from your ServiceNow instance URL.
For example - https://acmecorp.service-now.com/
- Here, the domain to be entered would be “acmecorp”.
- Next, Select the point of origin, of the Incident.
- A 2-Way integration can only have 1 point of origin, either the incident is created in Zenduty and it creates a Incident in ServiceNow Or, A incident is created in ServiceNow and that triggers a Zenduty Incident to be created.
- This can be of your use case on how it should be behave.
Next, Incident Response Mapping is needed. Map the appropriate incident status to the loaded statuses that ServiceNow can transition the Incident into.
Similarly, Incident mapping is also needed for 2-Way integration between Zenduty and ServiceNow. Map the ServiceNow Incident statuses to the Zenduty Incident statuses.
Do watch out for cyclic mapping of the incidents.
- Update the Changes and copy the generated Code to be added to ServiceNow Business Rules.
- Log in to your ServiceNow domain with your ServiceNow account.
Make sure you have permissions to create a Business rule.
- In your Instance, Open “Business rules” under “System Definitions” and click “New”
Enter an appropriate Name, Select the “Incident” Table and tick the “Advanced” Tickbox.
Under “When to run” tab, Choose “after” from the When dropdown.
Also tick the “Insert”, “Update” and “Delete” tickboxes.
- Then, Under the “Advanced” tab, paste the code that was provided in Zenduty and Submit the Business rule.
- Your ServiceNow 2-Way Integration is now complete.
Looking for a way to get real-time alerts from ServiceNow 2-Way Integration, setup a solid incident escalation and incident response pipeline and minimize response and resolution times for ServiceNow 2-Way Integration incidents?