Microsoft Teams is a unified communications platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meeting, file storage and application integration. To intergrate Microsoft Teams with Zenduty, complete the following steps:
- With your Microsoft Teams account logged in, visit the store and search for “Zenduty”. Click on the Zenduty icon to see the installation details.
- Click on the install button to install Zenduty. Zenduty should now available to use. Click on “Open” to interact with the bot.
- Type “help” in the chat to login to your Zenduty account. The chat bot will ask for authentication. Click on authenticate to login to your Zenduty account.
- Login to your Zenduty account to link it to the Microsoft Teams account. A list of commands to use will display if logged in successfully. The bot is now up and ready to use.
With the Zenduty-Microsoft Teams outgoing integration, you can receive Zenduty incident alerts for a particular service within Microsoft Teams channels and leverage collaborative triaging to resolve incident with lightning speed. Notifications include incident triggered, acknowledged, reassigned and resolved events.
To add Zenduty to your teams, go to the team you wish to integrate Zenduty with and then select the respective channel.
Select the channel and go to the options by right clicking on the channel name or by clicking the ellipsis icon. From options select “Connector”.
- A window showing all the available connectors will open. Search for Zenduty and click on the “configure” button next to Zenduty.
- This will open the window with a webhook URL. Copy that URL.
- To add a new Microsoft Teams integration, go to “Teams” on Zenduty and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
- Next, go to “Services” and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the relevant Service.
- Go to “Integrations” and then “Add New Outgoing Integration”. Give it a name and select the application “Micrsoft Teams Connector” from the dropdown menu.
- Once the integration is created, click on the “configure” button to configure the Integration. This will open a window asking for a webhook URL. Paste the the webhook URL you copied here.
- Click on “Save”. The Microsoft Teams Connector” is now ready to go.
Looking for a way to get real-time alerts from Microsoft Teams Integration, setup a solid incident escalation and incident response pipeline and minimize response and resolution times for Microsoft Teams Integration incidents?