Honeycomb provides full-stack observability for modern engineering teams to understand, debug, and improve production systems. Founded on the experience of debugging problems at the scale of millions of apps serving tens of millions of users, it empowers every engineer to the instrument and queries the behavior of their system.
With the Zenduty-Honeycomb integration, you would be able to create new Incidents/Alerts in Zenduty whenever any Alert in Honeycomb is triggered.
To add a new Honeycomb integration, go to “Teams” on Zenduty and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the team you want to add the integration to.
Next, go to “Services” and click on the “Manage” button corresponding to the relevant Service.
Go to “Integrations” and then “Add New Integration”. Give it a name and select the application “Honeycomb” from the dropdown menu.
Go to “Configure” under your Integrations and Copy the generated Webhook URL.
Log into Honeycomb, and head to the Team Settings Settings.
In Team Settings, head to the Integrations tab to create a new integration.
- For the new Integartion, from the dropdown, select the “WebHook” option and give it a suitable alias. Also paste the copied url under “Webhook URL”
- The Shared Secret part of the webhook, does not matter in this integration. Therefore, you can name it whatever.
- Proceed by saving the webhook and also testing the webhook by clicking the “Test” button.
- The test alert will create a Incident and be shown on your Zenduty Incident Page, if it is successful.
Next, go to Triggers and Create a new Trigger for the dataset you manage, to make use of the new Integration that was created.
Define the Trigger as you please, defining the conditions for which the alert is to be triggered.
In the Recipients section at the bottom, click “Add Recipient” and select the previously made webhook integration.
Save the Trigger.
- Honeycomb is now integrated with Zenduty.
Looking for a better way to get real-time alerts from Honeycomb Integration, setup a solid incident escalation and incident response pipeline and minimize response and resolution times for Honeycomb Integration incidents?