Global Alert Routing allows you to define a single webhook URL that receives alerts from different alert sources and routes them to different service integrations according to the rulesets as defined by you.
- Use a single webhook URL and route alerts to multiple integrations
- Route a single alert to multiple teams
Account Admins and
Account Owners can view and edit Global Alert Routing.
1) Click on your profile bubble on the top-right corner and then navigate to your Account section.
2) Navigate to the Global Routing Rules section, and click on the Create New Global Router button on the top-right.
3) Provide a name and description for your global alert router.
4) A new router will be created. You can find the unique account level webhook URL on the top. Click on the Create New Ruleset. Let’s create your first ruleset.
5) Give your ruleset a name, set the conditions so as they uniquely identify a single alert scenario. In your Action section, select the integration within your account that you’d want to route the alert to. Save your rule.
Important: Please ensure that the integration that you’re routing the alert to possesses an integration having a similar payload as the one being parsed.
6) Your ruleset has been created, Zenduty will now actively receive alerts from each source that the account level webhook URL has been added and conveniently route them to the relevant teams as defined in the rulesets. You can see the alerts that were parsed and matched by the router in the Alerts tab as seen below.
After you’ve obtained your routing URL and set up your ruleset, it’s time to setup the integration to route the alerts to your routing URL. To do this, copy the webhook URL, and then navigate to the documentation page for your integration. Follow the setup instructions for your application and you should see the alerts start flowing into your global router. You can see the incoming alerts within the Alerts tab of your Global router page.