With Zenduty’s Outgoing Email Integration, Email alerts are sent to the right engineer or individual outside the Zenduty loop and notifies them details about the triggering and resolving of the said incident. Zenduty provides your support/engineering teams with detailed context along with playbooks and a complete incident command framework to triage, remediate and resolve incidents with speed.
To add a new Email Outgoing integration, go to Teams on Zenduty and click on the team you want to add the integration to.
Next, go to Services and click on the relevant Service.
Go to Integrations and then Add new Outgoing Integration. Give it a name and select the application Email Outgoing from the dropdown menu.
Go to Configure under your Outgoing integrations to start with the configuration.
- To start the configuration of the integration, type in the email to which Zenduty should send the email to, and click Add.
- Proceed by selecting whether you’d want to send a Triggered Email (Email sent on triggering of the incident)/Resolved Email (Email sent on resolution of the incident) or both.
- If any option is not needed, disable said option.
- Proceed by either selecting an Email Template (If created) or directly entering the Email Subject and Email Body that is to be sent.
- You can also add Dynamic variables that take information from the incident and auto append it to the outgoing email once the incident is created and Email is sent.
- Dynamic variables can also be used on the Email subject.
Proceed by Saving the Integration.
- Email Outgoing Integration is now complete.
A Email template allows for standardized emails to be sent from Zenduty. These templates are written in Markdown and can be imported while creating a new Outgoing Email Integration (within the team).
To create a Email Template, first create the Outgoing Email Integration as shown above. Then on the top-right there would be a Show Templates button.
Upon clicking the button, it shows the already available Email templates (If any were created before).
By clicking on the Create a custom Template button, a modal opens up from which one can structure and create their own custom email template.
You can also add Dynamic variables that take information from the incident and auto append it to the outgoing email once the incident is created and Email is sent.
Dynamic variables can also be used on the Email subject.
There would be a need to highlight certain text in the Outgoing emails that are sent, this allows for colored highlights.
The color gets applied on sending of the Email
- For Example
((:blue:)) THIS TEXT WILL BE BLUE IN COLOR. ((:end_blue))
Looking for a better way to get real-time alerts from Email Outgoing Integration, setup a solid incident escalation and incident response pipeline and minimize response and resolution times for Email Outgoing Integration incidents?